Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Macy's Day Parade

On Wednesday Brittnee and I went to go look at the balloons that are in the parade. The balloons are along 79th and 80th street and you are in a huge line that runs along the street, this makes it so you are able to see all of the balloons. The balloons are covered in nets and held down by lots of sand bags.

It was cool to see them up close. Mickey was by far the biggest in my opinion and he is a new addition this year. There was lots of people and of course lots of kids that couldn't see anything because there was so many adults. Poor things.


This is my favorite balloon and makes me laugh when I look at it. He is so cute and round.

On Thursday morning Brittnee and I woke up 4:30 AM and headed down near Central Park to see the Macy's Day Parade. By the time we found a good spot it was around 5:45 AM and the parade starts at 9 o'clock that means we had a lot of free time to sit in the dark and try to stay awake and entertain ourselves. Of course we had to sit by the people that got there at 4:30 in the morning and they had three kids with them that pretty much bounced off the walls until they were told repeatedly to settle down by the doorman. Seriously who tortures their kids (and me) and brings their children that early in the morning to a parade! Let them watch it on TV and when they are older than six years old bring them.



Forty-five minutes before the parade was about to start. Brittnee kept on giving me a look and I knew I didn't want to know what was going on right next to me. I finally looked and one of the kids that was sitting near us needed to go to the bathroom and rather than take him to the bathroom that is across the street...She gets out this contraption that looks like the circle rings you throw in a swimming pool and takes a plastic bag and puts that inside of the ring. The child proceeded to go to the bathroom right next to me and this kid was NOT 2 or 3...no we are talking 6 or 7. After he was done she ties the bag and puts it in another bag and puts it who knows where with all their stuff. I seriously wanted to vomit after that whole episode.

Anyway back to the parade. I really enjoyed seeing it live I have never watched the whole thing before on TV. I know if I were to watch it on TV I am sure I would miss a lot of it of the actually parade. The best floats were the princess castle and a bridge with a small ice skating rink below it that had these two cute kids skating. I was surprised that I didn't recognize a lot of the celebrities that were on the floats most of the ones I knew were the people from Nickelodeon....Victoria Justice, Big Time Rush, Miranda Cosgrove. Some of the other ones I knew were Kanye West, Jessica Simpson, Joan Rivers, Jimmy Fallon and Michael Grimm the rest of them I had no clue who they were.




I took this video of the Macy's Parade Band.



Jimmy Fallon is the one with the red scarf.
.The kids are on a small ice skating rink.
My favorite float and I want this for Christmas.

I am really glad that I was able to go even though I don't know if I every want to go again :) Maybe if I have different neighbors next time I would be more willing to do it again.

No comments: