Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's party time!!

My lovely friend Irasema turned 24 on the 10th of April and in celebration we had a party! The cake is german chocolate from Magnolia's Bakery. It was really good. I haven't had german chocolate cake in awhile so I didn't know what to expect, but it was really good and didn't last long. 

Getting ready to blow out her candles! 

See those little balloons in the background....well do you know how hard it is to find balloons in NYC? Well it was almost impossible especially trying to find somewhere close. I did find a place and went all the way down there to find that it was closed...permanently, so as I was walking to the subway I saw this toy store and went in it and what did I see BALLOONS! I love when that happens, but sadly the balloons didn't last a day. I got them on Saturday and by the next morning they were on the floor. Moral of the story....if it takes you forever to find balloons don't leave them in front of a window on a hot day because they won't last long.




















Everyone sort of migrated to the kitchen I don't know why, but that seemed to be the place to be. 

I loved having lots of people over. It started at 5 and ended at 10 by the time most of the people had left and at the peak there was almost 20 people and I can't wait to have another one. Next time there will be more than dessert though we will have actual food as well, so I won't past out after having nothing but sugar all day. 

Karene eating six Oreo middles at once.

Can't wait for the next party! We had lots of interesting conversations and I can't wait for more.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

I love magnolia's! We have one in Beverly Hills and there cupcakes are amazing! We need to go to Bouchon Bakery while I am there!!!!