Wednesday, July 20, 2011

PHILADELPHIA

I went to Philly for a day and I loved it. We took a bus and left at 7:30 in the morning and arrived a couple of hours later. That is why I love New York because so many states are so near and most are a bus or train ride away. 
 Right after we got off this is what was waiting for us!  I haven't been out of the city in the seven months so it was nice to get out for awhile and see lots of trees, little towns and cars that aren't taxi's.  We got there pretty early in the morning and the first thing I noticed was that you could walk down the street and not run into a million people.  I forgot that happened :) It was also quiet...I do miss that A LOT.

 
 The gang!
 I loved all the pretty buildings.  That is also why I love the East because things are older than fifty years and most have the coolest architecture.  Nothing like Europe, but as close as I will get right now. 

 The first skyscraper was built in Philadelphia and this is it!  Even though I see them everyday they never really get old.

 This is the home of Thomas Jefferson and was originally built in 1775, but was rebuilt using old photos in 1975. This is where Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence and they believed he did it in less than three weeks.  They also recreated two rooms from his house that they have on display.
 
 George Washington
 I am sure you can tell why I took this picture :) Of course to show you the period clothing.
We of course stopped for a Philly Cheesesteak and I will say that it was pretty tasty!

Independence Hall I really like this place.  There is only two originally pieces and they are the painting and the little statue on top of the painting, but they have recreated with period pieces so I am sure it is pretty accurate.  I am just glad it has air conditioning I don't know how they survived and got anything done without it! I love the Georgian architecture and how everything has to be symmetrical and to show that the door on the right in the picture is just a facade there is nothing behind it.


This is the Assembly Room where George Washington was appointed commander in chief of the Continental Army in 1775 and the Declaration of Independence was adopted on July 4, 1776. In the same room the design of the American flag was agreed upon in 1777, the Articles of Confederation were adopted in 1781, and the U. S. Constitution was drafted in 1787. I can't believe that all of this happened and we still have the building today even though it had to be restored.  I can't imagine the pressure they must of felt during the time they were trying to come up with what America was going to be about and it made me wonder what they would think of America now...


I love this quote.

 

 House of Representative's meeting room
 Senator's meeting room on the second floor from the outside it looks pretty small, but it is quite large once you get inside.






 I LOVE this fountain it is the coolest thing and it was nice because it kept on getting me wet and cool.
So many gorgeous buildings!

It was also weird to have to wait for the walking sign to cross the road we couldn't j walk as much as I am use to.  Sadly, I don't have any patience anymore and don't like to wait for the light to turn green.

Philedephia Museum of Art this Museum is HUGE.

Yes, I walked up those stairs and no I did not raise my hands and jump or do whatever he does once  he reaches the top.  I haven't even seen the movie, but it sure is a gorgeous view up there.

 So as we are walking before we getting ready to catch the bus.  What do I SEE!!!! 7-Eleven oh how I miss you.  This was my birthday present to myself a huge grape slurpee and I haven't had one in so long that I could only eat a third of it before I was done :( It has been more than two years since I have had one and I could feel the sugar sticking to my teeth just waiting to give me a cavity.  It was a great way to end the day though.  I loved philly and I can't wait to go back got to love day trips!

No comments: