Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving was a scattered affair for my family this year.  One of the four children on my mother's side were here visiting Brittnee and I.  One was one a cruise and the rest were in Utah some in St. George and my mommy and sister were stuck in Sandy! Probably the first time in awhile that most of us haven't been together for Thanksgiving.  The women loved it though especially my grandmother because she didn't have to cook. 

 I can't believe Thanksgiving has come and gone.  This year has gone by way too quickly!  For Thanksgiving about 15 of us got together.  We each had food assignments and mine was the rolls. I thought about buying them, but decided to make them instead (should have bought them).  


 I started the rolls at nine on Wednesday night.  Why I didn't wait until the morning of Thanksgiving when I would have had plenty of time to do them... I guess I like to torture myself.  Rolls take a long time to make as I learned from this joyous baking adventure and is one of the reasons I hate baking.  It takes forever no matter what you make!  I didn't get done until after twelve and it would have taken me longer, but I was impatient and didn't want to wait an hour for the rolls to rise.  So, twenty minutes sounded good to me and they still turned out fine :)

 Finished product... Aren't they pretty!

 I thought I had taken more pictures, but I guess I was too preoccupied with having fun and enjoying good company so I barely took any that is a first for me!


 Food I didn't have to make! That is the best part and pie of course.

 I loved her bib so classy.

 YUMMMM

 I love his face! He is enjoying torturing Kelly. 

Steve was drawing people on cups and plates and freaking Kelly out.  She doesn't like things that are not proportioned correctly I guess and this picture freaked her out.  She couldn't handle it even with a happy face she still thought it was scary.

No comments: