Sunday, July 22, 2012

Riverside Park Community Service


We are such do gooders!
The ward was doing service project in Riverside Park in the morning, so Janice and I pitched in doing the heavy weeding.  We were the only girls that started helping with the heavy helping.  Most were doing meticulous weeding or painting. 

We had to clear all of the small trees so that people in the park can have a view of the Hudson river and Jersey.  

Poision ivy there was lots and lots.  We didn't stand a chance.  It is actually quite pretty and I wouldn't have guessed this is what it looks like. 

Boys they just can't do the little stuff they have to take over and do the big stuff.

Riverside Park only has four gardeners for over 200 acres that stretches along four miles 72nd to 158th streets along the Hudson River. The park relies on volunteers to help keep up with the park.  It was really fun and I loved getting down and dirty and taking down the trees.


Bad part....poision ivy.  One of the gardeners told us to use the soap when we got home to make help in case we got rashes.  I had a little rash on my leg, but I used the soap and was able to make it go away. hopefully nothing else will pop up because my legs and hands are already banged up from pulling the trees out.  They need a little break.

No comments: