Sunday, May 29, 2011

Book Signing - Libba Bray, Meg Cabot, & Maggie Stiefvater

I went to another book signing.  This one was at the Scholastic store in SOHO.  It had three author's participating in this signing Libba Bray, Meg Cabot, & Maggie Stiefvater.  I went for Maggie because of her Mercy Falls and Gathering of Faeries series.  

Maggie Stiefvater
 They had a host and he introduced everyone and a Q&A about their books.  Maggie's was the most interesting because she said that she was doing research for Forever she was looking up ways that wolves die and the most interesting one that she found was when a wolf fell into a well and drowned... She pretty much implied that a main character will die this way.  Now I am afraid to read forever when it comes out because I know I will be depressed because something is going to happen that I know I am not going to like. 

Meg Cabot
Of course you have to buy a book to get a book signed so I bought a book of Libba Bray's and Meg Cabot's newest book Abandon which has an interesting story of how she came up with the idea for the story.  I was just going to get Maggie's autograph, but I was there and I figured I might as well get a signature from all of them if I took the time to go in the first place and we were there for over two hours so I need to make it worth my while.

Libba Bray
I haven't heard of Libba Bray before we went to the signing, but she was very funny during the Q&A and her answers were quite entertaining, so I am sure her novels have her quirky side in them and make her books fun to read. Her new book that came out and which she is promoting is Beauty Queens and all these beauty queens get stuck on a island when their plane crashes and just that little bit of the plot could lead to anything happening in the book.  

 I got pictures with all the author's which is cool!
I didn't buy Libba Bray's new book Beauty Queen because I didn't want to read about them.  A Great and Terrible Beauty seems more interesting for my taste.  I just hope I get time to actually read all these books I keep on buying
 My signed copies! I am going to have quite a collection if I keep this up.

No comments: