Thursday, January 24, 2013

Quebec City

 Once we got into Quebec City late of course because of snow we headed to our next pad and rested for a minute before heading out again. 

 Now you see them...

Now you don't!!

 The place where we were staying left us a note and said the Big Air Snowboarding Competition was going on.  So we walked a little bit and ran into this and watched for awhile.  I seriously think these people are crazy, but that is just me. 



 When the announcers would talk it would be in French and English.  I love french it is such a beautiful language!

 There is so many gorgeous churches that I saw I wish I could have taken pictures of all of them.

 Everything was in French on our trip the signs and menus and it didn't bother me at all.  I love this language!
 This is what the snow looked like when we woke up again to head to Hotel de Glace.  Isn't this town so picturesque.


 Doesn't everything look cooler in French!




 I love castles and I felt like I was in a dream with this place.  Next I want to stay here for a night when the weather is a little nicer though :)

 Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac






 GORGEOUS! The water was almost frozen and I loved to watch the ice move along the river. 







I also loved this town.  It reminded me a lot of Park City. I want to go back and explore a little more.  I was surprised about how much I enjoyed Canada all around and I can't wait to go back the people (especially the waiters/waitresses something I am not use to) are so nice! 

 Words of wisdom

 Snow of course and freezing temperatures. Off to the ice hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Suzy said...

Wow! What a fun trip. I have always wanted to go to Canada. The cities look so beautiful (and cold). I'm glad you had a fun trip!

Mallori said...

You need to go! I bet you would love it and I am sure it is as gorgeous in the winter as it is in the summer when the weather is better. You need to post! I want to see what South Dakota looks like.