Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Oheka Castle

I want a driveway like this one!


 So my wonderful friend Aja and I were able to stay at the beautiful Oheka Castle in Long Island.  I have been in love with castles for forever and this is the first, but hopefully not the last of many castles that I get to see in my lifetime.  Even though this one is extra special because it is actually a hotel and I was able to spend the night!  


Right when you walk in this is the view you get...


 This is the ballroom where people get married as you can see they were setting up for a wedding. 

 Our hotel room.  I said this once and I will say it again the bed was AMAZING.  I didn't want to get out of it and I would have taken it home with me if  I could have figured out how to get it on the subway with me. 

 Our ceiling... really cool

 The bathroom was HUGE a lot bigger than it looks in the picture. 

 The hallway to our room.  The walls were covered in paintings where ever you went. 

 The dining room.  This is where we had breakfast.  One of the best parts of the trip just relaxing in this gorgeous room not wanting to go home!

Continental breakfast.  Look at that spread! Presentation is everything.  


 Terrace room as you can see the wedding is getting set up.  This room is huge and there is such amazing views from the windows.  There were so many chandeliers the tour guide said their electric bill is $400,000 a YEAR. 

The Charlie Chaplin room. 

 The library yes, I wanted it as well. 

 Bar area 


The pool is behind these windows. It is huge!  The tour guide also said that Royal Pains films a lot here and will fill up the pool for scenes.  The pool is part of the castle that hasn't been fixed yet, but they are planning to in the future so that guests can use it. 

 Restaurant view of the yard. 


 Flowers at our table at dinner. 



 The inside of a bathroom. 

Who wouldn't want this bathroom?

My favorite painting.  


Gorgeous hallways and the artwork was really beautiful there was so much on all the walls it was hard to see everything!


 We had to walk through the snow, so we had to make a cute design because we ruined the pristine snow. 



 Where art thou Romeo? I want a balcony like this one with the castle attached!


 We had a couple of hours before we had to return the car so we drove around and looked for big houses and we found them!!


 I miss the beach it made me excited for Spring and getting a little sun I am so white!

No comments: