Thursday, July 23, 2015

Helicopter Ride Over New York City

For my 28th birthday (I still can't believe I am 28) I decided to go on a helicopter ride over NYC! I was really nervous, but I am glad I did it because it was such a wonder and relaxing experience.


 I booked my ride with New York Helicopter and go to a Pier downtown where they have all of these helicopters that just come in and out the whole time as they take passengers. There were different kinds of helicopters. The helicopter I was on could fit 6 people, but there was only 5 of us on it thankfully and I was seated forward in the back.

First selfie and I think I nailed it! I went on the 25 minute ride, which takes you up the Hudson all the way to the George Washington Bridge.

 I was on the left side of the helicopter so for the first part of the ride I got a view of New Jersey and on the way back I got the view of New York.

 The weather was really nice, but there was a little fog, but I will take it.

 George Washington Bridge


 Central Park

Midtown Manhattan
I love all the buildings and their different heights.




 Downtown Manhattan
 I think this is the best view of the Statue of Liberty and the closest I have been in a long time.

 More of Downtown.

 Descending from the helicopter.

I honestly didn't take that many pictures because I was enjoying myself too much, but I would love to do this again and it was such a different way to experience New York. 

No comments: