Tuesday, July 26, 2011

PALMYRA

 I took another weekend adventure and this time it was to Palmyra,  NY.  We left Friday afternoon and my car got there at around 3:30 AM yes AM.  I left work at 4 and didn't get to LGA until almost three hours later (I hate MTA) where we were all meeting to pick up the car and from there we drove to Rochester where our hotel was.  So, let's just say I was a little sleep deprived for most of the trip, but it was worth it!

Palmyra temple is beautiful!

We visited where Joseph Smith grew up and we visited the Smith family farm. It is a gorgeous and very calm place.  Calm yea, I don't get that much in the city so it was nice being away from all the hustle and bustle and just be able to enjoy nature.
The log cabin where Joseph Smith and his family lived when he was young.  Eleven people shared the small cabin I can't imagine what that was like.  No wonder Joseph had to go out into the woods to get some peace and quiet! I would of lived outside!
Beautiful sacred grove so comforting and serene.
 Climbing up the Hill Cumorah!  We all made it!

A room in the Visiting Center.
 On top of the hill
 
Chilling in the HEAT! NY is HOOOOT right now!
 
Bookstore where they printed the first 5,000 copies of the Book of Mormon. It took them right months! The things I take for granted and it cost $1.50 that was a day and a half's wage.  What a sacrifice.
Nice air conditioned hotel room...nice way to end the day.

No comments: