Friday, August 12, 2011

MEMPHIS

I went to see Memphis with my friend Alexia.  I know a couple of people that have seen it and enjoyed it so I was excited to go.  I love seeing shows and I haven't seen enough of them, so I am playing catch up before winter comes and I start my hibernation.

 We were front row and I loved it.  It was so cool to be that close.  You could see behind the scenes and watch the actors facial expressions.  Best of all you got to see them sweat (which they did a lot).  

Memphis is about a white DJ who wants to change the world in the 1950's and a black singer who wants to make it big.  The show chronicles how they meet and their journey through the tumultuous times between the whites and blacks during that time period. 

This was the last scene in the show and those outfits were really bright.  The ending was too realistic for me and wasn't one that you would expect, so that was the only thing I would only say about it that wasn't my favorite.  

 
 We stayed after to see if we could get any of the actors autographs and I was able to get a few of them! Which I really like because you never know they may become famous one day.

This is Huey the lead in the show.  He was the understudy, but I thought he did a great job and is pretty cute...  and I can't wait to see another show!
 
Too many shows so little time.

No comments: