Saturday, July 30, 2011

NIAGARA FALLS

After spending the day in Palmyra we woke up and went to church. Then we headed up to Niagara Falls.   I have never been and was really excited and it exceeded my expectations!
Rainbow Bridge
Getting ready to go down the elevator to get on the Maid of the Mist!
Aren't we cute and of course they have to be blue.

I got soaking wet and I loved every minute of it.



Niagara Falls is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen and  twenty percent of the world's fresh water lies in the Great Lakes, and most flows through Niagara Falls. That is so amazing to me. 

Everyone was telling me that Canada has the better view, but all I have to say to that is most of the Falls is on American soil, so who cares! Just get on a boat see it up close and personal what more could you want!


American Falls is 183 ft tall at its highest point to the river. The free-fall to the rocks below varies between 75-110 feet with an average of about 85 feet.


 The word Niagara is derived from the Indian word Onguiaahra meaning "the strait".  
I can't wait to go again and next time I will stay in Canada in one of the hotel right across from it and just enjoy my view everyday.  I seriously love my life.

No comments: